With a wide range of upgrades, including a larger size and better capacity, the 2020 GMC Sierra HD is better than ever before.
Bigger and Bolder
GMC is very pleased with the upcoming 2020 GMC Sierra HD, as a new press release made apparent. The high expectations the automaker has aren’t a surprise given all the new upgrades coming to this year’s model.
“The all-new 2020 Sierra HD is the most capable heavy-duty truck that we’ve ever offered,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global GMC, in their press release. “For customers who demand a premium, innovative heavy-duty truck that supports their passions, the next-generation Sierra HD can pull like a pro.”
Greatest Hits Collection
The new 2020 GMC Sierra HD will sport a huge array of new features, such as:
- The Sierra will have a taller, more dominant hood line, better overall height and larger profile that allows for more cargo and passenger capacity.
- The new best-in-class Crew Cab size will mean more headroom and leg space in the front seating.
- Enlarged grill and functioning hood scoop for better air intake.
- Tech tools such as a segment-exclusive 15-inch heads-up display and Rear Camera Monitor are newly-available options.
- The truck bed lift-in height is one-inch lower than the 2019 edition, making loading and trailer hitching even easier.
- Segment-exclusive cargo bed side steps and integrated CornerSteps for better-than-ever cargo access.
- All of this is powered by an all-new, segment-first Allison 10-speed transmission alongside the iconic 6.6-liter Duramax turbo diesel engine.
- The 2020 Sierra Heavy Duty will also now be a member of the expanded AT4 brand, with Crew Cab 2500 and 3500 models.
Increased Size, Increased Capabilities
If there is one thing GMC wants prospective buyers to know about the 2020 GMC Sierra HD it is that the bigger size means better abilities across the board. “We took every opportunity to visually express the strength and capability that lies beneath the surface,” said Matt Noone, director of GMC exterior design, in the automaker’s press release. “The elevated hood line, the strong shoulders, the striking front grille — these cues communicate the strength and performance that have been engineered and built into each and every Sierra Heavy Duty.”
Besides putting on a few inches, the Sierra HD will sport some impressive new lighting. New signature lighting will make the Sierra truly shine. Prominent “light blades” will deliver LED illumination to the daytime running lamps, alongside the LED headlamps and taillamps. Further lighting will be available, including LED fog lamps and roof marker lights.
The interior of the 2020 GMC Sierra HD will also see some important improvements. Crew Cab models will feature best-in-class front headroom and leg space, a big convenience for you and your front passengers. The front seats are also situated higher than before which pairs well with the now-taller profile of the 2020 GMC Sierra HD; seeing around you will be easier than ever before. Keeping an eye on important information will be further improved by a new segment-first heads-up display and upgraded touchscreen infotainment system
GMC Sierra AT4 HD Arrives
The legendary AT4 brand is expanding, welcoming the upcoming 2020 GMC Sierra HD into the fold. With the AT4 trim, the Sierra will be able to tackle the toughest off-road obstructions as you tow and trailer your way to victory. Dark chrome exterior finishes, a bold grille design, and the AT4 signature red vertical recovery hooks will make your GMC Sierra AT4 HD truly stick out from the muck.
The AT4 trim will bring new off-road capabilities to the GMC Sierra HD thanks to a unique suspension and support technology, such as:
- An improved off-road suspension, Rancho Shocks, skid plates and Eaton locking rear differential.
- Enlarged eighteen-inch wheels wrapped with Michelin all-terrain tires, with 20-inch wheels available.
- A Traction Select System with a specific Off-Road mode.
- Incline/decline aids such as Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist.
- A unique, segment-exclusive 15-inch diagonal Heads-Up Display with Off-Road Inclinometer.
- HD Surround Vision for low-speed views of vehicle surroundings.